VP, Kids & Animation
IDW Entertainment, the entertainment division of IDW, seeks an experienced executive to oversee development and production of a growing slate of kids and animation programming based on graphic novels, prose and other source material. The VP, Kids & Animation will work with executives and studio partners to develop, package, and sell series and features for streaming, cable, broadcast networks and other platforms. The ideal candidate will have a history of successfully developing TV series and features from IP in animation and live-action, possess strong agency relationships, and have a deep network of top-tier writers.
- Minimum of 12 years of developing premium creative content for the kids and animation space.
- Extensive experience adapting prose, graphic novels, comic books, and other sources of IP into television, film and other mediums.
- Experience and comfort level developing and producing animation and live-action content.
- Strong relationships with showrunners, writers, producers, studios, agencies and management companies.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with a range of personalities and styles across all levels within an organization.
- Seasoned creative taste and strong instinct for stories and experiences that will capture consumers’ attention.
- Strategic thinker and tactical executor with a problem-solving approach and strong work ethic.
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with evolving priorities, handle ambiguity, and react gracefully under pressure.
- Self-motivated, passionate and able to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Detail-oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks and able to effectively delegate appropriate responsibilities.
- Experience collaborating with merchandise, marketing, social media and creative affairs to build franchises.
- Build creative and production strategy for growth of original scripted content.
- Manage a robust slate of programming based on original graphic novel, prose and comic book IP.
- Oversee all kids and animation projects (preschool through adult).
- Develop new projects, including identifying and packaging new talent for projects in development.
- Maintain and foster relationships with management companies and talent agencies to be able to introduce new writers, artists and directors to the company with the potential for future development.
- Give creative guidance and feedback to writers and showrunners on outlines, scripts, animatics, character designs, casting, dailies and cuts.
- Ensure a consistently high level of quality is achieved and maintained on all creative fronts.
- Collaborate with other development executives on projects and work in a team setting to support and improve all projects in development.
- Leverage existing relationships at broadcast and cable networks, their parent companies, and emerging digital distribution platforms to help the sales process.
- Work in partnership with creative affairs, legal, marketing, and public relations team members at various stages of development and production to ensure success of overall project goals.
- Actively participate in budget and forecasting process, to ensure strategic allotment of funds and appropriate allocation of financial resources between genres and formats.
- Attend relevant programming festivals, events and conventions.
- Role is Los Angeles-based, with travel as needed.
- Please send resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com with “VP, Kids & Animation” in the subject line.