VP, Drama Series
IDW Entertainment, the entertainment division of IDW, seeks an experienced executive to oversee development and production of a growing slate of live-action drama programming based on graphic novels, prose and other source material. The VP, Drama Series will work with executives and studio partners to develop, package, and sell series and features for streaming, cable, broadcast networks and other platforms. The ideal candidate will have a history of successfully developing TV series and features from IP in animation and live-action, possess strong agency relationships, and have a deep network of top-tier writers.
- Minimum of 12 years of developing premium creative content for the network and SVOD space.
- Extensive experience adapting prose, graphic novels, comic books, and other sources of IP into television, film and other mediums.
- Experience and comfort level developing and producing live-action content.
- Strong relationships with showrunners, writers, producers, studios, agencies and management companies.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with a range of personalities and styles across all levels within an organization.
- Seasoned creative taste and strong instinct for stories and experiences that will capture consumers’ attention.
- Strategic thinker and tactical executor with a problem-solving approach and strong work ethic.
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with evolving priorities, handle ambiguity, and react gracefully under pressure.
- Self-motivated, passionate and able to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Detail-oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks and able to effectively delegate appropriate responsibilities.
- Experience collaborating with merchandise, marketing, social media and creative affairs to build franchises.
- Build creative and production strategy for growth of original scripted content.
- Manage a robust slate of programming based on original graphic novel, prose and comic book IP.
- Oversee all drama series projects (YA through Adult).
- Develop new projects, including identifying and packaging new talent for projects in development.
- Maintain and foster relationships with management companies and talent agencies to be able to introduce new writers, artists and directors to the company with the potential for future development.
- Give creative guidance and feedback to writers and showrunners on outlines, scripts, animatics, character designs, casting, dailies and cuts.
- Ensure a consistently high level of quality is achieved and maintained on all creative fronts.
- Collaborate with other development executives on projects and work in a team setting to support and improve all projects in development.
- Leverage existing relationships at broadcast and cable networks, their parent companies, and emerging digital distribution platforms to help the sales process.
- Work in partnership with creative affairs, legal, marketing, and public relations team members at various stages of development and production to ensure success of overall project goals.
- Actively participate in budget and forecasting process, to ensure strategic allotment of funds and appropriate allocation of financial resources between genres and formats.
- Attend relevant programming festivals, events and conventions.
- Role is Los Angeles-based, with travel as needed.
- Please send resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “VP, Drama Series” in the subject line.