Talent Relations Coordinator
IDW Media Holdings, Inc., a Delaware corporation, is a holding company consisting of the following primary businesses:
- IDW Publishing, or IDWP, creates comic books, graphic novels, digital content and games through its imprints IDW Publishing, and Top Shelf; and
- IDW Entertainment, or IDWE, leverages properties, principally those of IDWP, into television series developing, producing and distributing original content worldwide.
IDWP is an award-winning publisher of comic books, original graphic novels, and art books. Founded in 1999, IDWP has a long tradition of supporting original, creator-driven titles. In 2002, IDWP published 30 Days of Night by Steve Niles and Ben Templesmith followed by other horror titles that kickstarted a resurgence in horror-comic publishing across the industry. Since then, IDWP has significantly diversified its publications. Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodríguez’s Locke & Key, Jonathan Maberry’s V Wars, Stan Sakai’s Usagi Yojimbo, Walter Simonson’s Ragnarök, Beau Smith’s Wynonna Earp, Chris Ryall, and Ashley Wood’s Zombies vs Robots, Joe Hill and Martin Simmonds’ Dying is Easy are among the hundreds of award-winning titles published since IDWP’s inception.
IDWE is a production company and studio that develops and produces content and formats for global platforms and services. IDWE generates content primarily from IDWP’s diverse library of comic books and graphic novels. IDWE has most recently developed and/or produced four series for television that premiered in 2019 and 2020:
- Wynonna Earp season four has been airing on SyFy in two parts due to worldwide COVID-19-related production shutdowns. The first six episodes of season four premiered on July 26, 2020, and production resumed on the other six episodes on July 16, 2020. The second half of season began airing in March this year and the show will end with the season four finale on April 9, 2021.
- V Wars debuted on Netflix on December 5, 2019. The 10-episode vampire thriller stars Ian Somerhalder and was produced by High Park Entertainment. The series is based upon Jonathan Maberry’s IDWP’s comic book series of the same name.
- October Faction premiered on Netflix January 23, 2020. The 10-episode show is based on the IDWP comic books of Steve Niles and Damien Worm and was adapted by showrunner Damian Kindler and starred Tamara Taylor and J.C. MacKenzie. It was also produced by High Park Entertainment.
- Locke & Key premiered on Netflix on February 7, 2020. The show is based on the critically acclaimed graphic novels of Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez that are published by IDWP. Seasons two and three have been ordered by Netflix and production began in September 2020.
- Work with Director of Talent Relations to handle travel, accomodations and logistics for all non-press related talent trips to conventions and trade shows
- Create itineraries for talent and other key stakeholders
- Work alongside marketing and sales group to handle logistics and scheduling for talent-facing panels, signings and promo item needs
- Work alongside marketing and sales group to track and issue talent-facing badge requests for events
- Act as the talent manager and handler at conventions, shows, signings, and press functions
- Alongside the editorial team, process and track work-for-hire contracts and invoices
- Work with Director of Talent Relations to identify, recruit and retain new talent
- Assist in helping talent with all non-press related requests
- Coordinate and track all freelancer product orders
- Coordinate with Editorial and Finance teams to make sure freelancers are paid in a timely fashion
- Maintaining talent database
- Other duties as assigned
- Four-year related college degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the comics and graphic novel market required
- Previous experience in the entertainment industry or publishing preferred
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and research skills required
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with freelancers and staff
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and MAC and PC environments
- To apply, please visit our career center at: http://idw.pub/CareerCenter