IDW Media Holdings, Inc., a Delaware corporation, is a holding company consisting of the following primary businesses:
- IDW Publishing, or IDWP, creates comic books, graphic novels, and digital content through its imprints IDW Publishing, and Top Shelf; and
- IDW Entertainment, or IDWE, leverages properties – principally those of IDWP – into television series developing, producing and distributing original content worldwide.
- Interpret, analyze and draft contracts, license proposals, and term sheets.
- Liaise with contract administration, business affairs, finance, and outside counsel.
- Coordinate internal approval process.
- Correspond directly with talent and talent representation.
- Review chain-of-title.
- Manage document database for quick and easy access to legacy contracts when needed.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and special projects.
- This position reports to the VP of Business Affairs.
- Effective, clear, concise, and accurate oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail and consistency.
- Ability to cultivate collaborative relationships with team members by maintaining effective, consistent, respectful, and timely communication.
- Advanced organizational skills and critical thinking.
- Ability to prioritize projects among competing demands and diplomatically manage expectations of key stakeholders.
- Willingness to continuously expand core skill set, step out of comfort zones, and otherwise evolve and adapt in response to changing technology and circumstances.
Education & Experience
- Minimum three to five years of relevant work experience in the media industry or a reputable legal environment.
- Proficient with contract management, CRM, Microsoft Office, Adobe, Excel, DocuSign, and Quickbase
- Knowledge of intellectual property rights and/or copyright licensing strongly preferred.
- Prior rights analysis and project management experience at a publishing company or entertainment company preferred.
- Prospective candidates will have an undergraduate degree and paralegal certification.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
To apply please visit our IDW career center at: http://idw.pub/CareerCenter