Who We Are
IDW Media Holdings (IDWMH) is a public company with the following divisions: • IDW Publishing (IDWP), a publishing company that creates comic books, graphic novels, digital content, and games through its imprints IDW Publishing, IDW Games, and Top Shelf; • IDW Entertainment (IDWE), a company that leverages properties, principally those of IDW Publishing, into television series—developing, producing and distributing original content worldwide;
This position supports the Editorial department in all aspects of book production, including proofreading, editing, working with digital images, along with general administrative duties such as scheduling meetings, taking notes, and circulating materials digitally. A high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and good time management skills are imperative to this position.
- Report to the Supervising Editor on all aspects of book production.
- Support Supervising Editor on special and specific projects.
- Work with Supervising Editor to ensure that character and content development are planned and shared with the entire staff.
- Coordinate the identification, development, and oversight of new talent with the Supervising Editor.
- Convention attendance as required by Publisher or Editorial Director.
- Maintain workflow with licensors and creative team members by ensuring that they are given the most up-to-date work on all projects.
- Proofread and number dialogue of manuscripts as requested.
- Complete balloon guides daily as artwork is delivered.
- Work with the Managing Editor to maintain and update the internal Publishing Schedule and external distributor systems.
- Write first draft solicit copy for review by Supervising Editor.
- Update Asana projects daily as directed by Supervising Editor.
- Submit and proofread freelancer contracts to the internal contracts team.
- Other duties as needed.
- BA in Journalism, English, Writing, Art, Design or related field preferred
- Demonstrated level of literacy and competency
- Experience in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, PhotoShop, and project management software, such as Asana, a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Passion and interest in comics, books, and graphic novels
To apply, please visit our career center at: http://idw.pub/CareerCenter