IDW Entertainment, the entertainment division of IDW, seeks an experienced executive to manage development and current for a slate of drama and comedy programming based on graphic novels, prose and other source material. The Director of Development will work with senior development staff, showrunners, executives and other partners to develop, package, and sell a variety of formats for streaming, cable, broadcast networks, and other platforms. The ideal candidate will have a strong history of successfully developing from IP, possess strong agency relationships, and have a robust network of executives and writers.
- Minimum of 7 years of developing premium drama and comedy content.
- Experience adapting graphic novels, comic books, prose and other sources of IP into television, film and other media formats.
- Strong relationships with writers, producers, studios, agencies and management companies.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with a range of personalities and styles across all levels within an organization.
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with evolving priorities, handle ambiguity, and react gracefully under pressure.
- Self-motivated, passionate and able to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Detail-oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks and able to effectively delegate appropriate responsibilities.
- Work with President and senior development executives to build creative and production strategy for growth of original drama and comedy content across formats.
- Run point on a slate of drama and comedy programming based on original graphic novel, prose and comic book IP and work on other entertainment projects as assigned.
- Develop new projects, including identifying and packaging new talent for projects in development.
- Maintain and foster relationships with management companies and talent agencies to be able to introduce new writers, artists and directors to the company with the potential for future development.
- Work with senior development executives to give creative guidance and feedback on assigned projects to writers and showrunners on outlines, scripts, casting, dailies and cuts.
- Communicate effectively with studio leadership to surface issues as needed.
- Collaborate with other development executives on projects and work in a team setting to support and improve all projects in development.
- Leverage existing relationships at broadcast and cable networks, their parent companies, and emerging digital distribution platforms to support the sales process.
- Partner with creative affairs, legal, marketing, and public relations team members at various stages of development and production to ensure success of overall project goals.
- Attend relevant programming festivals, events and conventions.
- Please send resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com with “Director, Development” in the subject line.