IDW Entertainment, the entertainment division of IDW, seeks a Coordinator to work closely with two senior executives to support the day-to-day projects and initiatives across development and creative affairs. The ideal candidate will be a team player with experience in television development and a passion for comics, graphic novels and prose.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting senior-level staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with a range of personalities and styles across all levels within an organization.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and adept at prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment with evolving priorities, manage ambiguity, and react to changes quickly and graciously.
- Basic knowledge of key players in the industry and understanding of the fundamentals of the development process.
- High level of integrity and an ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Tactical executor with a problem-solving approach and a strong work ethic.
- Experience in TV and film development and production.
- Experience in kids, animation, or drama content.
- Strong knowledge of up and coming, diverse talent, including writers, artists, directors, etc.
- Passion for comic books, graphic novels, and prose.
- Support two senior executives in all aspects of project development and production.
- Work on a slate of programming based on original graphic novel, prose, and comic book IP.
- Contribute and/or generate writer, director, and key talent lists for projects in consideration as requested.
- Write/create project notes, coverage, and other materials as needed for the development of creative material.
- Maintain assets and information to ensure that all materials are up-to-date and ready for distribution.
- Support senior executives with calendar and call management, including scheduling meetings and maintaining phone sheets.
- Collaborate across development and creative affairs departments to keep all tracking up-to-date and ensure timely follow up.
- Coordinate and interface with other departments including but not limited to: marketing, publishing, legal, PR, design, production, and post-production teams.
- Manage office maintenance, office supplies, lease/building coordination, and select office-wide accounts
- Coordinate team events and meetings including team lunches, team meeting days, conventions, etc.
- Fill in for Assistant to VP/President as needed – managing phone sheets, calendars, and administrative tasks, etc.
- Role is Los Angeles-based.
- Please send resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Coordinator, Entertainment” in the subject line.