This position supports the ranking Editors on their projects, as well as editing at least 3 titles of their own.
- Report to supervising editor on all aspects of book production.
- Track/organize/schedule/traffic titles.
- Coordinate with senior editorial staff as well as necessary licensors to ensure that character and content developments are planned and shared with the entire staff.
- Assist supervising editor to develop new series ideas and initiate projects, which includes the creation of stories or event-driven concepts to increase sales of the titles.
- Trafficking and managing internal documents such as Previews, back ads, press releases, social media content, etc.
- Convention attendance as required by Publisher or Editor-In-Chief, which may include traveling.
- Sit in on the story meetings, vetting creative proposals and available properties.
- Proofread manuscripts.
- Various writing responsibilities.
- Gather reference materials for freelancers.
- Maintain editorial policy and style.
- Other duties as needed.
- Direct Management of at least 3 to 5 titles a month. These responsibilities include:
- Edit products from start to finish; art edit, color edit, story edit.
- Maintain communication with freelance artists and writers and provide feedback on story and art.
- Securing necessary licensor approvals for all stages of product development.
- Ensure content falls within allowable limits of the associated titles and/or imprint.
- Develop new titles and new talent.
- Work directly with licensors to develop and manage series and approvals.
- BA in Journalism, English, Writing, Art, Design, or related field.
- Demonstrated level of literacy and competency.
- Experience managing style and method of standards for creative products.
- Prior experience in comic book publishing is preferred.
- Knowledge of the comic book industry and trends.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Practiced documentation skills.
- Basic Mac skills, including Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint, and Photoshop Elements.
- To apply, please visit our career center at: http://idw.pub/CareerCenter