Who We Are
IDW Media Holdings (IDWMH) is a public company with the following divisions: • IDW Publishing (IDWP), a publishing company that creates comic books, graphic novels, digital content, and games through its imprints IDW Publishing, IDW Games, and Top Shelf; • IDW Entertainment (IDWE), a company that leverages properties, principally those of IDW Publishing, into television series—developing, producing and distributing original content worldwide;
Position: Assistant Controller in our Newark, NJ location. Highly visible role with room for growth reporting to and partnering with CAO of IDW Media Holdings and Director of Accounting at IDWP. Looking for an accountant who is driven to ask questions to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of reporting. Growth-oriented to learn new tasks and take initiative. Ability to be adaptive and pivot as needed. Unique and “fun” role within Finance & Accounting that works with the divisions. Excellent benefits and quality of life.
- Assisting Month/Quarter/Year-End close; accounting policies, financial reporting, FASB, GAAP reporting, internal controls, revenue recognition, expense analysis, reconciliations, auditor inquiries, account analysis, etc.
- Assist in preparing the 10-K and 10-Q reports
- Journalize all necessary transactions in Intacct (cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, inter-company transactions, accruals, leases, etc.)
- Treasury: Processing invoices, cutting checks, making deposits and monitoring cash • Oversee expense reimbursements in Certify
- Work cross-functionally with other groups within the organization identifying issues, troubleshooting, and problem solving • Ad-hoc requests: competitive analysis, monthly reports, etc., as needed
- 4-5 years of accounting related experience
- BA in Accounting or Finance (qualified CPA or qualifying CPA)
- Public accounting experience (required)
- Solid financial reporting skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, complex projects and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Advanced Excel capabilities; strong communication skills
- To apply, please visit our career center at: http://idw.pub/CareerCenter